Mechanical Expert Engineer
About this role:
This offer concerns the position of Mechanical Expert Engineer in the preparation/realization of hydraulic high pressure tests .
The position will be part of the Construction Management Team (CMT), part of the Site Support Integrated team of EDVANCE HPC directorate. It s a team of EDVANCE Engineers embedded in NNB (HPC) erection program.
Mechanical Expert Engineer is primarily responsible for the following:
HPT Mechanical Expert will, on behalf on NNB (Hinkley Point C), drive, help and support MEH Alliance in order to:
- Anticipate operational constraints to and prepare mechanical activities,
- Deals with Mechanical issues linked with installation,
- To help, if necessary, on the other subjects of the CMT scope.,
- Along with the services provided to the Client, to develop Edvance
- Knowledge on EPR erection activities, and feed Edvance back offices with OPEX in view of future projects.
- This support must allow to optimize the preparation of HVAC activities and secure the respect of technical/safety requirements. the reliability/reduction of NI HPT loops and the identification of associated weaknesses in order to limit the occurrence of leaks, low pressure drop issues inside loops, venting issues, validation of files by the quality department of NNB (or one of its subcontractors) and ultimately a reduction in schedule impacts and costs.
- The CMT engineers will perform their work under the daily supervision and guidance of other members of the CMITIIM team (NNB team), which may belong to companies other than Edvance.
- The CMT engineers will however fully remain Edvance staff, and will, along with the services provided to the Client, develop Edvance knowledge on EPR commissioning/erection activities, and feed Edvance back offices with OPEX, either related with the commissioning/erection documents or the design itself, in view of future projects. The CMT engineers will in any case have an Edvance manager, also part of the CMT, to which they will report on performance of the services due to the client, and that remains a route for escalation of issues in their daily services to the client.
- Mechanical Expert with an important background in preparation and realization realization of hydraulic high pressure Mechanical activities tests preferably on NI side (pumps, valves, pipes).
- Skills in welding and valves are required. A successful experience in project management is also expected would be an added value.
- A strong technical interest, particularly in the field of construction or maintenance of industrial installations is required for this position.
- A mastery of computer tools is essential: manipulation of massive data under Excel, ability to evolve in CAD/CAD environments, 3D model, 3D viewer
- NEC3 or similar Target Price contract experience is a bonus.
- Experienced profile : at least 5 years of experience in equivalent missions.
- Strong adaptability and high autonomy. Strong interest for new challenges and sizing projects. Ability to translate field operational experience and integrate REX.
- Fluent English required : writing technical documents and daily exchanges in English.
- French advantageous.
Framatome has an international reputation for offering a large and diverse variety of career opportunities. Our focus is to attract highly talented individuals who share our values before promoting you through our internal development and career mobility opportunities.
Framatome will play a vital part in the delivery of Britain s ambition to fight climate change and reach Net Zero emissions. It will bring together a number of supply and engineering firms Framatome.
For this opportunity nuclear experience is desirable but not essential. We encourage people from other sectors and the diversity of experience this adds.
As a team member within Framatome you will be expected to achieve success through your engagement with, and demonstration of, our Framatome values and behaviours.
The behaviours we identify in all our high performers include their abilities to:
- Ensure safety, environment, and compliance
- Customer orientation
- Drive for results
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Inspirational leadership and change management
- Enterprise perspective
- Developing self and others
- Holding self and others accountable
- Decision making
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value and plan to continue to build on the benefits of our diverse working environment and recognise a priority to improve gender mix.
Everyone will be considered without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.