Our client, a leading consulting business working with M&A/PE is embarking on a wide-reaching digital transformation programme across the Firm to revolutionise how it embeds technology and data into all aspects of its business and client services and requires a highly experienced SharePoint Automation Developer.
Headed up by the Advisory CTO to develop and deliver an ambitious portfolio of technology and data enabled transformation spanning multiple projects that will:
- Provide a digital client experience
- Transform the tools our people use
- Creating value from data and insight
- Drive efficiency and operating model change through automation
- Embed the management of risk and compliance in our solutions
- Build tomorrow's services
Many projects are staffed by resources drawn from across the firm or with external resources. However the team is also building a core team of technologists and their solutions are focused in the following areas:
- Data Strategy, Architecture and Governance
- Data Management and Security
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Data Platforms and Integration
- Data Quality and Integrity
- Reporting and Analytics
- Data Visualisation and Storytelling
They base their solutions around the Microsoft 365 and Azure stack, augmented with additional vendor products as and when required. They work with our clients and other internal teams in an open, collaborative manner; sharing knowledge; continually learning; understand when we collectively succeed, we individually succeed; and have fun doing it.
The role will focus on work on the Insight Platform, the major strategic platform being developed for the Advisory business.
The core activities involved in the role include:
- Development of custom SharePoint site structures (content types, lists, libraries and permissions) using PnP PowerShell and PnP templates.
- Development of custom UI components using SharePoint Framework(SPFx), TypeScript and React using Visual Studio Code and Git.
- Development of SharePoint sites using PnP Templates and automated site provisioning using Azure Functions and Logic Apps.
- Working in an Agile environment using Azure DevOps, collaborating with colleagues on pipelines to deploy infrastructure and code.
- 3 or more years' experience of developing SharePoint Online sites with custom lists, libraries, content types and web parts.
- Experience of SharePoint Patterns and Practices (PnP) tools such as PnPJS, PnP.FrameWork and PnP.PowerShell.
- Experience of developing and implementing solutions in the Microsoft 365 and Azure stacks using either Azure Logic Apps or Azure Functions.
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility for project component or area.
- Ability to prioritise work, and address conflict.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Educated to degree level in a business or technology related subject or equivalent experience in a business or IT environment.
- Knowledge of CI/CD and Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Experience of automated SharePoint site provisioning.
- Experience of .NET Core toolchain including use of C# and .NET or PowerShell Core with Azure Durable Functions.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, albeit supervised environment, handle quickly changing priorities, and be capable of managing yourself to achieve maximum results.
- The ability to regularly feed progress and communicate to line managers.
- The ability to build solid relationships with team members.
- Strong people skills, able to engage with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to support a working culture characterised by collaboration, continuous improvement and commitment to high performance.
- Experience of working across end-to-end software development, technology or consulting projects (strategy, discovery, design, development and deployment.)
- Experience explaining complex processes and circumstances in technical and non-technical terms to ensure all understand.