We are currently partnering with a healthcare services consultancy who are seeking a Senior Product Manager, you will bring an extended level of experience, knowledge, and skill to the teams and will be responsible for line management and/or coaching and mentoring other team members. The Senior Product Manager is responsible for supporting the Product Owner in developing the product to execute the strategic Roadmap. As a Senior Product Manager you will define problem hypotheses, gather feature requests, schedule releases and coordinate activities across the whole product life cycle, ensuring a fully aligned customer experience. You will own the Product Backlog and be responsible for it meeting Group, candidate, client, and consumer needs.
With a keen focus on user experience, you should be able to identify, qualify and quantify user needs, help to define business value (and therefore outcomes for measurement) and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases.
You will be adept at assembling solutions from 3rd party providers as well as driving the exploitation of existing capabilities from across the Technology and Transformation division
You will have a deep understanding of the internal and external stakeholders of your product(s) and will be able to demonstrate ways in which we can continuously add value to their experience with us.
You are creative, striving to identify new technical solutions and innovations for our product.
- Working with the Product Owner and Product Squad to help define and validate product features and functions for introduction into the Product Roadmap.
- Taking ownership of the Product Management within the team
- Developing business cases as appropriate.
- Working with the Product Owner and Product Squad to manage and prioritise the Product Backlog and to ensure that the Product Roadmap continues to reflect the user experience and business priorities.
- Ensure the wider team are delivering on goals and constantly improving the business proposition.
- Support the Product Owner in ensuring that the full product life cycle, (vision, development, testing, deployment) is effectively managed and communicated.
Communication and co-ordination
- Working closely with the Product Delivery Manager to ensure successful delivery of features, changes, and other deliverables
- Working with Subject Matter Experts (CX, UX, Technology etc) to ensure we are co-ordinating all activities relevant to the product/experience
- Keeping customers and stakeholders informed of the status of the product
Supporting other teams
- Maintaining a motivated team.
- Assisting teams, where necessary, with training and comms materials, enabling them to manage external & internal release communication and feedback.
- Ensuring that the product always adheres to all legal and regulatory requirements.
Insight and research
- Defining and using reports and insight (analytics, operational reporting etc) to continuously assess the performance of the product/experience
- Working key stakeholders to define and test hypotheses around candidate, client, consultant or consumer needs, challenges, and opportunities
- Reviewing competitors and alternative products and technologies which may be of interest to us/guide the direction of our Product Roadmap
Third Party Management
- Assessing suitability of partners and suppliers, ensuring they fully understand our expectations of them from a product perspective
- Working closely with third parties and defining their deliverables and outcomes where appropriate
Experience and/or Qualifications
- Experience managing complex products in a digital environment. Healthcare sector experience would be an advantage.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team and Business leaders to drive a user focussed product agenda
- Demonstrable ability to use proven techniques to validate features and change requirements against product vision and business strategy
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Proven experience translating business asks and customer problems into deliverable Epics and user stories
- Data protection Law (DPA 2018 and GDPR) - To comply with relevant training and policies within ICS, ensuring that you process data lawfully and in accordance with ICS guidance
- Drives customer satisfaction by matching products and services to their personal needs. Spend time building a deep understanding of our customers personal and business requirements.
- Set challenging and personal goals, use effective ways to track and measure progress, look for opportunities to learn and develop.
- Provide timely feedback regarding objectives and development, provide a range of resources to support on-going development
- Implement programmes and processes that increase overall development, engagement, and retention.
- Create a work environment that attracts people, create a culture of accountability in which people take ownership for results.
- Provide incentives, rewards, recognition to drive desired results and behaviours.
- Budget Responsibility - Manage and control budget and costs as appropriate to the role
Please note that this role is predominantly home working, with one day per week in either London or Birmingham, and occasional travel in the UK. Please contact me for a full spec and detailed conversation about the business, their growth plans and opportunities for progression.