Our client, a household name in the Mobile Carrier arena, is looing for a strong Developer Contractor whom has experience with large scale systems and AWS!
You will join a team of some of the UK's bestr Senior Systems Developers, designing, building and optimising Back End functions and services as we scale our cloud-based, platforms and deliver services to our partners and customers in Europe.
As a senior member of the team, you will have an influential voice in our solution architecture, technology selection and product strategy, along with the scope to develop your skills and experience in several directions as the business grows.
You'll have experience of:
- Working as a senior-level developer who can get up to speed quickly and bring additional hands-on experience to our team.
- An excellent communicator, accustomed to operating in small, distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Solution-focused, always thinking of the overall objective and understanding the meaning of done means done.
- Ready to guide and support other team members when needed, as well as reaching out when things aren't going your way.
- Experience as a Back End developer in a commercial environment with expert knowledge of Ruby (with and without Rails) OR demonstrated experience with at least one similar language and strong experience of:
- Taking ownership of projects and seeing them through to completion
- TDD with build/test automation
- Both project-led and agile/scrum environments
while the following experience would be beneficial, but not essential:
- Integration of third-party services and data
- Working with Ruby outside of Rails
- Close cooperation with operations teams to consider scalability and observability of services
- Message queueing, event busses, or microservices
- AWS (particularly IoT, SQS, and SNS)
If the above sounds like you, apply now to find out more!