Description: Front End Developer - Power BI & Tableau
- The selected candidate is responsible for reviewing the Data Management Architecture and provide guidance from the Data-user perspective, building semantic layer and building reports/analytics.
- The candidate should have extensive hands-on experience in Power BI for data ingestion and transformation, Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) language for dashboard and reports development.
- He/she should have a strong foundation and hands-on experience in building visualizations and report templates, as well as debugging existing reports and providing root cause analysis.
- The selected candidate will work closely with the team to provide technical leadership to facilitate development projects that involve the computing environment which may include the coordination of software upgrades and the installation of new products.
- He/she will design and validate data solutions that are practical, flexible, scalable, reusable, and strategic.
- These efforts enhance data quality, enrich access, and provide business decision makers with information upon which they can make more accurate and effective decisions across multiple domains.
- At least 5 years of hands on experience in Front End development using any of Microsoft Suite of tools or Tableau
- Experience working with dataset ingestion, data model creation, reports, dashboards, KPIs, Power BI Pro features, workspaces, security, etc.
- Ability to connect to multiple data sources and create visualizations/reports
- High level of demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including Power Query, Power Pivot, connections to external data sources, REST APIs, pivot tables, charts, and slicers
- Deep understanding of security as it pertains to data access, scope, and distribution of reports and dashboards
- Experience creating and delivering dashboards for executive and senior-level clients; Portal design and development
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, from managers to technical resources, to include the translation of business requirements into operational measures and reports
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform and service (Power BI, Azure DW and data lake)
- Experience working with data gateway, data integration, and self-service data preparation
- Experience in requirement analysis, design, and prototyping
- Develop, publish, schedule reports and dashboards to meet business requirements
- Assist in data validation and data clean up requests as needed
- Strong understanding of Data Analytics application security layer models
- Develop dashboard user guides and operator manuals for using and maintaining the dashboards
Tools and Technologies
- Database: Oracle 12c/18c/19c, Azure SQL DW, SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008
- Cloud Technologies: Azure Microsoft Technologies and AWS
- Tools: MS Power BI stack and Tableau 2019 and above
- Technical Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Ability to work independently upon receiving guidance and objectives
- Experience in various development methodologies such as Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A wide degree of creativity and lateral thinking
- Excellent communication, writing/documentation and facilitation skills
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Maturity to participate in multiple complex programs at the same time in an Agile environment
*If this role could be of your interest, please submit your CV for immediate consideration. For any questions do not hesitate to contact us*