Posting Date - May
Closing Date - June
Salary - Competitive
We are proud of the work our teams do, building incredible products that don't just eliminate the issues but streamline and speed up the way our customers work. Reporting to the Team Lead, we are hiring a Java Developer to join our product development team in Saffron Hills. This is a chance to use Java 8, build REST APIS, and work on data transformation, creating a new solution for a global audience. It's a chance to start from scratch and create an integrated solution that enables data transformation and communication between three products - for now, with more in the future.
Our Agile teams are relentlessly focused on putting out the best, highest quality solutions they can. We give them the freedom, tools, and guidance they need to be creative and make it happen. We want someone to join us in the heart of the city's tech and design hub, close to Farringdon Station, as well as multiple food markets and pubs.
Who you are
You are a Java Developer who wants to create the code the way you want to and make technology decisions with minimal limitations. You are looking for a chance to be part of a close-knit team working on a new integration solution for cloud products used by a global audience.
What's in it for you
Impact. You want an environment where you can do your job, do it well, and know that it's appreciated - a place without a lot of handholding. You want your work to be seen and used by thousands of users around the world. You want the freedom and the tools to actively contribute new ideas and try new approaches to the development process.
Growth. This is a big company with a clear focus on delivering value to our industry. We are moving forward rapidly with modern web solutions and innovative cloud-based products. You will have the chance to grow into a Senior, Lead, Architecture, or DevOps role on this team or another. The sky's the limit for how you grow here.
What problems are you going to solve?
The PropTech industry supports the people and the businesses that grow a significant part of the world's economy. We set the standard for solutions used across the globe; we have the audience and the technology. We know data is the future, and integration is key to pushing forward our customer-focused products. You will use your knowledge in web services development, data processing, and teamwork to build a robust integration service. This is at the centre of the company's roadmap and will have a significant impact on most clients. You will solve challenges, including:
- Ensuring data flows from one Altus product to another is transparent and accessible, making life easier for our clients.
- Triggering data transformation and processing across products to guarantee changes in one product are applied to the same data being used in another product.
Our new Java Developer has:
- The technical skills. The expertise gained through hands-on solution and product building, you have incredibly well-developed programming and object-oriented design skills using Java 8 and Rest APIs. You have in-depth knowledge of Data Warehouse Management and ETL.
- The agility and innovation. You know this isn't a solo sport, and you enjoy building internal relationships as much as you do working heads down. You can throw an idea up on a whiteboard and talk through a solution or challenge just as quickly as you can don a pair of headphones and power through the sprint deliverables. You don't just keep up with industry standards and trends; you stay ahead of them and bring your ideas to the table.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend.
What you can expect from our interview process:
1) A phone interview discussing your interest in the role, and an opportunity for you to ask more questions about the role and how you can develop your career with us as a Java Developer.
2) A phone interview with the Hiring Manager for this role to talk about your experience.
3) A short online technical assessment.
4) A webex video interview with the Hiring Manager to talk further about your skills and technical knowledge and an opportunity for you to get to know the leader you would be working with.
Due to COVID-19 please expect changes to our standard requirement process. In all instances, the safety of our employees and our candidates is of our utmost concern so we will be conducting interviews virtually and online. We will keep you informed on these changes and ensure that you are prepared in advance with the necessary instructions to conduct the next steps in the recruitment process.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.