Fintech Start-up Company requires a Python Developer to come join them in a permanent position, based in Belfast.
The company are located in fully serviced offices in the heart of the city (Belfast). They're offering a competitive salary and stock options. There's a supportive friendly working environment, drinks on Friday's, and a monthly lab day.
- Developing new features and functionality into the core company's platform in accordance with the Kanban methodology.
- Design and architecture of technical solutions providing performant, scalable designs with minimal technical debt.
- Producing highly available, tested, stable solutions with strong attention to security.
- Supporting the use Kanban and Extreme Programming (XP) practices within the technical team.
- Work closely with the Product and Delivery teams to ensure timeliness and acceptance of developed products and features.
- Produce and maintain high quality software, architecture and process documentation.
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Maths or Engineering.
- 3+ years commercial experience working with Python.
- 3+ years commercial experience of working with Flask or Django.
- 3+ years experience working in accordance to Test Driven development with Unittest, Nosetests and/or py.test.
- Experience with Git version control and CI/CD.
- Experience with relational SQL databases (MSSQL, Aurora, Postgres)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Familiar with cloud platforms eg AWS/GCP/Azure
Skills and abilities
- Be able to develop products and features to a high level of coding standards and good practice.
- Must be willing to work with Extreme Programming (XP) practices within a Kanban methodology.
- Paired Programming
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Pomodoro time management technique
- Trunk based development. Understand the principle of good code and API design.
If you feel you have some or all of the skills listed, please don't hesitate to apply!
By applying to this job you are sending us your CV, so we are keen for you to see our Privacy Notice, which can be found on the website. Scope AT acts as an employment agency for Permanent Recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept the Terms and Conditions, Data Protection Policy, Privacy Notice and Disclaimers which can be found on our website.