Role: BI Developer
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Are you a developer looking for a new challenge?
Have you worked with either Business Objects, QlikView, Qlik Sense or Informatica?
This might be the perfect role for you!
My client is one of the UK's leading Gas & Electricity suppliers to the Industrial, Commercial and Business consumers.
As a BI Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Produce code that meets quality, coding and performance standards according to local IT guidelines and policies including Security, auditing and SOX requirements.
- Ensure technical & supporting documentation is written to TGP standards for developments within responsibility.
- Undertake Unit testing making full utilisation of automation tools available and working with the system test team to ensure tests are integrated as part of the overall test plan.
- Work with off-shore partners in the review of requirements, functional and technical documentation and coding to ensure adherence to TGP guidelines and policies.
- Work with the Business Analysts to ensure requirements and functional design is accurately captured in UML design models.
- Plan and prioritise day to day and project related assigned tasks effectively to meet the business requirements and project timescales.
- Manage code in accordance with Source Control strategies with IT - Support and/or the Configuration Controller.
- Pioneer new development methods and technologies to improve current practices, productivity and quality. Participate in and present new initiatives to formal technical forums.
The technology that you will be working with includes:
- Experience using Business Intelligence tools (Business Objects,QlikView/Qlik Sense and Informatica).
- Experience using data warehouse/analytical tools for business purposes.
- Strong knowledge of Business core processes/data required to drive those processes.
- Strong understanding of source data (its strengths/weaknesses/semantics/formats).
- Proven capability with Oracle PL/SQL, Informatica, Business Objects and Qlik.
- Good technical understanding of database & tuning (Oracle).
- Understanding big data concepts and databases eg MongoDB.
- Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems.
Skills & Experience you will bring with you:
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience in a software development position.
- Proven delivery track record for full life cycle project development and implementations (Agile & Waterfall).
- An awareness and appreciation of new emerging technologies and standards being adopted within the IT industry and their potential benefits to any business.
- A thorough understanding of Oracle & SUN mainstream development technologies & tools.
- Good understanding of the UK Utilities market.
To find out more about this fantastic opportunity as there is so much more to tell, please contact Joanna Clarke and send your CV through to (see below) or use the apply button on this page.
If you do not hear back from us within 10 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential.
At RBW Consulting, our IT Consultants benefit from many years of industry experience working across specific niche markets ensuring that both client and candidate relationships are built in a knowledgeable and professional manner. We work with a range of clients from exciting technology start-ups right through to enterprise-scale global companies, often building their engineering and IT teams from scratch. Our consultants have the industry insight to make sure we work with the best talent.