Job Title: Data Centre Building Services Engineer
Duration: 6 month rolling
The DC Engineering Team are responsible and accountable for providing building services to the company's premises. The post holder, whilst having formal qualifications in a specific engineering discipline,requires good technical knowledge with practical experience of all the below services in order to operate, test, fault diagnose and provide front line response with respect to rectification within the complex engineering facility:
- Lighting and emergency lighting, types, levels and control systems.
- Heating, ventilation and comfort cooling and air-conditioning, prime systems and controls.
- Electrical distribution systems and switchgear from 11,000 volts to 415/240volts.
- Special uninterruptible power systems and static transfer switching which supply IT systems. Knowledge and operating experience.
- Power generation using in-house generator systems and controls.
- Chemical additives and health and safety aspects of water treatment.
- Computerised fire detection systems and fixed fire extinguishant systems.
- Computerised Building Management System responsible for the operation and monitoring of all engineering systems.
- 5 years DC experience ideally in High Availability Certified Data Centre Environment
- Preferred Certified Data Centre Technician (CDCT) or equivalent qualification
- A time served craft apprenticeship in Electrical or Mechanical engineering, ONC or HNC level qualification.