Are you passionate about improving the way developers build applications? Do you make and customize your own tools to get things done faster? Do you care about your fellow engineers and would like to have a customer you can fully understand and relate to?
BuilderHub Team is tasked to develop and improve the platform Amazon engineers use for running their tools. In a world where everything is moving to the cloud, software development shouldn't be left behind. Since this is a new area, this initiative leaves ample opportunities for innovation while already having an existing product to build up on. The team also owns other key products, including the de facto product for creating new websites and services in Amazon.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will work on exciting and challenging projects alongside our team of talented professionals. You will participate in the full product development cycle from design and implementation to deployment and operations.
Join us in the rewarding cycle of understanding our customers' needs and building new products and features to meet them.
· Object-oriented design and coding skills (Java and/or C++)
· Good understanding of software architecture and design issues
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through abstract thinking
· Experienced with data structures, algorithms, and relational databases;
· Knowledge of web technologies
· Advanced level of written and spoken English
· Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
· A solid understanding of Linux networking, OS internals, and kernel.
· Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java, preferably on a Linux platform)
· Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies
· Strong front-end development skills
· Golang language experience, as well as Ruby or *nix system knowledge are pluses
Earth's most customer-centric company
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com as an online bookstore in 1995, the company has significantly expanded its product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers.
Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to diamond jewelry and the Amazon Kindle on over a dozen web sites, offering these services to customers in the US, Europe, and Asia.