Are you interested in software development, Linux, scalable systems, Virtualization and cloud computing? Continue reading or reach out to us with your application; we're happy to tell you more about it.
At the Amazon Dev Center in Bucharest we're looking for passionate builders to join our engineering teams working the operating system, virtualization, and platform technologies that power AWS.
You will be part of a solid, driven team that has the feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to drive innovation, work on complex technical challenges, be in touch with operations, and engineer of systems on a massive scale. You will be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart and who believe that world-class service is critical to customer success.
Your work will focus on new tools, performance and productivity improvements for EC2.
Key responsibilities include developing end-to-end software solutions for building, testing, and deploying software in EC2, support and troubleshoot production issues.
· BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
· At least 5 years of software development experience focused on Linux.
· Skilled in at least two of C, bash, Python or Ruby.
· Solid understanding of Linux fundamentals
· Experience with Linux package management, version control systems, automated build processes and software unit testing
· Experience developing in a Linux environment
· Knowledge of virtualization technologies
· Expertise in OO Design and at least one OO language such as Java or C++
· Experience developing or deploying highly scalable application
· Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
· The ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
Earth's most customer-centric company
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com as an online bookstore in 1995, the company has significantly expanded its product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers.
Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to diamond jewelry and the Amazon Kindle on over a dozen web sites, offering these services to customers in the US, Europe, and Asia.