Amazon Devices is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Data Associate to join our Kindle Data Team.
This role focuses on foreign language data, primarily in the areas of transcription, text annotation, and general data analysis deliverables. The Associate must be capable of:
· Transcribing and annotating high priority deliverables
· Delivering high quality work under aggressive deadlines
· Translating established guidelines into daily work practices
· Working autonomously with minimal direction
· Handling unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers
· Contributing to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve output
In addition, the Data Associate will need to quickly understand changes to conventions deployed in response to customers’ requests and change workflows accordingly. The Associate should be able to contribute to improvements in the software tools by identifying bugs and suggesting enhancements.
The Data Associate must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. The ideal candidate also:
· Shows proactive behavior in addressing issues and problems
· Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills, and is very detailed-oriented
· Is comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Demonstrates willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept re-prioritization as necessary
· Adapts quickly to keep up with changing project conventions and new projects
· Experience using English in a professional setting
· Advanced to native to fluency in other European Languages
· Computer literate.
· Communication skills and experience working with technical teams
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to languages or linguistics (or relevant experience in the field).
· Knowledge of more than 2 European languages beneficial.
· Previous transcription or annotation experience is preferred.
Earth's most customer-centric company
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com as an online bookstore in 1995, the company has significantly expanded its product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers.
Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to diamond jewelry and the Amazon Kindle on over a dozen web sites, offering these services to customers in the US, Europe, and Asia.