Software Development Engineer – AWS EC2
At the Amazon Development Center, Bucharest, part of Amazon Web Services (AWS), we work on compute platforms, with special focus on software virtualization technologies, security, and global-scale tooling for the Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2). As a part of the EC2 Kernel and Operating System organization, we own, drive, and invent the building blocks that are the foundation of the cloud.
We are looking for passionate, customer-focused, self-driven engineers to join the team focusing on building new features for the foundation of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), along with maintaining it in perfect health for our millions of customers. The area of action extends from the Xen hypervisor and the QEMU virtual machine monitor to the development of new cutting edge Amazon proprietary solutions for problems concerning "The Internet". This is an exciting opportunity for you to gain valuable experience with a vibrant and fast-growing company!
· BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· Strong skill in C programming in Linux environment.
· 3+ years of industry experience focused on Linux, including both kernel and user space development.
· MS in Computer Science or related discipline.
· Proficient with C/C++, capable with Python, and familiar with Shell, and Java.
· Comfortable in fast-paced, start-up like development environments.
· Comfortable in defining and driving the team's technical road-map.
Earth's most customer-centric company
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com as an online bookstore in 1995, the company has significantly expanded its product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers.
Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to diamond jewelry and the Amazon Kindle on over a dozen web sites, offering these services to customers in the US, Europe, and Asia.