The Product Compliance teams ensure that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements. We coordinate the aspects of product transactions that are regulated (distribution, shipping, sale, and import/export). This involves analyzing product import documentation and flagging hazardous risks. We are also responsible for keeping Amazon customers safe and informed by coordinating actions around product safety recalls. These actions include removing recalled/restricted products from the site and from our warehouses, and contacting customers with pertinent safety information..
The team that you will lead is responsible to ensure that the imported products have been tested in certified laboratories and that they comply with the legal requirements of the importing country, to take appropriate actions in order to protect customers from recalled or unsafe products and also, to classify products based on their potential hazardous risk, for regulatory storage and transportation purposes.
- Taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of subordinates or others;
- Outlining procedures and instructions on work received;
- Making time estimations on new jobs received, check accuracy / quality of content creation / population done by others;
- Ensuring records are maintained accurately;
- Mentoring and training new team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline; business or technical background is considered an advantage;
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience in managing people and interacting with customers / stakeholders;
- (If required only) 24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (any second European language is an advantage);
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, and influence work behaviors;
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical capability.
- Background in Business Process Outsourcing (financial services, customer service, etc.);
- Supply Chain management, Centralized Purchasing or Consumer Retail experience is being considered a plus.
Earth's most customer-centric company
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com as an online bookstore in 1995, the company has significantly expanded its product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers.
Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to diamond jewelry and the Amazon Kindle on over a dozen web sites, offering these services to customers in the US, Europe, and Asia.