Microfluidic designer for life science technologies
Initial 6 month contract + extensions
Leuven, Belgium/Remote (2-3 days remote per week)
We are looking for a researcher with a strong technical background in the field of microfluidics, who has experience in microfluidic design and simulations for life sciences application. We are looking for a highly motivated and creative colleague to work on next-generation technologies for life science applications.
- Design novel microfluidic devices for life sciences applications.
- Perform simulation, modelling and analytical evaluation of device performance using tools such as COMSOL, ANSYS, Matlab or other equivalent software packages.
- Evaluate device robustness and design fault-tolerant microfluidic systems.
- Manage time effectively according to project schedules.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of engineers and biologists.
Required knowledge and skills
- You have a PhD degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, applied physics or other equivalent discipline with strong experience in microfluidic device design for life science applications. This combined with +/- 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Candidates with a Master's degree and relevant experience will also be considered. Industry experience is a plus.
- It is essential that you have strong reasoning skills and can analyze microfluidic systems using both analytical and numerical methods.
- You are very experienced with ANSYS, COMSOL, or other equivalent tools for numerical modelling. Skills in coding, eg using OpenFoam or other equivalent tools, is a plus.
- You are very familiar with microfluidics products and existing device solutions.
- You have experience working in a research or development environment with an interdisciplinary team.
- Experienced in fluidics simulation
- Looking for someone with a background in mechanical engineering, not in the direction of bio-medical engineering