Technical Lead Cloud Platform Engineering
Looking for a candidate with 10 years platform infrastructure Engineering and GCP & AWS. You will have Kubernetes and be responsible for integrating platform runtime information into firm systems. Strong coding Terraform would like to see python Java golang Perl or Shell Scripting.
You will be part of a group responsible for architecture, design, implementation, maintenance, and support of the firm's standard cloud compute platform
As the Senior Platform Runtimes Engineer, you will join a team of brilliant, friendly, and energetic solutions architects, developers, engineers, and project managers who strive to deliver best of breed custom solutions to our customers. You will be responsible for managing team of FTEs and/or 3rd party contractors.
- Responsible for collaborating with business and technology stakeholders and product teams to develop and articulate the Platform Runtime vision, act as the subject matter expert in Cloud Compute discussions with cross functional technical and business stakeholders, as well as deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience.
- Manage, design, develop, and implement cloud compute platforms (for example Kubernetes), Virtual Machines and Serverless technologies in the various public cloud providers.
- Ensure integrations in the platform runtimes are consistent across compute methods and standard for all deployments, including secrets management, logging, observability, and cloud storage technologies.
- Ensure the platform runtimes adhere to all global security policies.
- Work closely with the Platform Developer Experience team to ensure seamless integrations and handoffs between developer tools and the various runtime platforms.
- Create Platform Runtime Onboarding, Data Governance and Policies ensuring best practices and continuous improvements are met.
- Work with the Platform Adoption team to ensure viable on ramps exist to meet users where they are to ensure a smooth adoption of the new platform.
- Responsible for integrating Platform Runtime information into external firm systems including CMDB, Logging, Observability, etc.
Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience. Preferable 7+ years in an enterprise-level infrastructure platform role with a strong understanding of concept pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security, and recoverability across Cloud, Linux, Windows, and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker.
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in managing teams in the 4-8 person range.
- Must have 3-5 years of extensive hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Cloud compute technologies (EC2, GCE, VMware) and Serverless technologies (Lambda, Functions)
- Must have 5 years of experience designing, developing, and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with database technologies on Cloud/physical/virtual platforms
- Experience in 1 of the primary public cloud providers is a must. Direct experience in GCP and AWS is preferable.
- Strong coding background a must in either python, Java, golang, Perl or Shell Scripting. Must have experience coding in Terraform.