PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Environmental Engineer/contracts manager required
Salary £30-£50K pa commensurate with experience, up to 25 days holiday + bank holidays, private medical health insurance, company vehicle, on-going training and development including supporting professional memberships etc.
As our Environmental Engineer/Contracts Manager your main role will be to project manage our workload, undertake; initial site visits, scope of works, programmes, liaising with clients to realise their expectations at all key stages, you will also be responsible for preparing quotations, budget management, programme and cost control. You will also manage and motivate site staff.
This is an opportunity to work for an established, successful, and dynamic environmental civils firm based in Staffordshire, with a national client base, working predominantly in the Midlands and often nationally. We provide a complete service in our specialised sector. You will enjoy both a highly varied role, working closely with the managing director, and the opportunity for further career progression in an environment where personal value and contribution is recognised and highly rewarded.
Environmental Engineer/contracts manager Responsibilities:
• Project Management - establishing project brief, allocating resources, managing and communicating progress and communicating conclusions and actioning proposals
• Site works and Management - initial site visits with clients or alone, preparing scope of works, preparing estimates, creating programmes for works, organising resource, preparing RAMS, liaising with site staff, monitoring works by site visits, ensuring quality of works throughout the project, maintaining clear records etc.
• Client liaison, management and relationship building
• Team-working - contributing to management meetings, developing junior staff members and supporting other team members.
Environmental Civil Engineer/Contracts manager Skills required:
While a degree in civil engineering would be beneficial it should be not be seen as a requirement as there is no substitute for experience. A health and safety qualification such as SMSTS would also be advantageous, but training will be available to the right candidate. You will need to have good IT skills as some of the work will take place remotely. The understanding of specialist construction plant and equipment is essential alongside a working knowledge of health and safety requirements.
• Ideally a proven track record in a relevant post, with 2 years+ relevant work experience within a combination of Civil Engineering and Environmental sector works, in remote or environmentally sensitive areas.
• A relevant degree (Earth Sciences, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geology etc.)
• HNC/HND Environmental or Civil engineer with 5+ year's experience in a relevant post with a proven track record
• Experience in conducting environmental civil engineering site works including: health and safety management; preparing RAMs with best practise; scheduling resources and site staff to meet the project brief; managing projects to high standards on budget and within time frame; subcontractor management.
• Commercial astuteness with the ability to maximise business levels and relationships with existing clients
• Self motivated, enthusiastic and driven team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS