You should have a curious mind and 'systems perspective', combined with relevant subject matter expertise in maritime mechanical, electrical, propulsion, C&I or software operations or design.
You will be joining a team of highly competent, confident holistic systems thinkers who are continually developing.
My client attracts the brightest people who thrive on complex and interesting challenges and will provide you with opportunities to continue your career development and training into new practices and processes.
- Communicate complex problems and solutions to clients in a compelling way.
- Understand customers' needs and develop world class solutions.
- Develop and implement strategies to aid the client in making correct and timely decisions.
- Engage with wider industry to understand and shape potential solutions.
- Conduct technical analysis and make recommendations.
- Fulfil a senior role within a client's own delivery team as a specialist SQEP resource.
- Participate in or lead design reviews.
What You Can Bring?
- Engineering degree or equivalent depth of experience.(Masters Upper Second or higher, Bachelors First or equivalent) in a STEM discipline or equivalent depth of experience in an engineering field.
- Professionally recognised with an appropriate professional institution eg CEng, IEng or equivalent.
- Experience in maritime mechanical, electrical, propulsion, C&I or software operations or design and Leading projects and teams within different development methods.
Depending upon your background:
- Knowledge and experience of a broad range of C&I equipment and its application.
- Good knowledge of mechanical and process systems and how to control them.
- Knowledge and experience of maritime systems operation, maintenance, and updates.
- Experience in the design and delivery of EC&I solutions, from Scope Definition to Implementation.
- Experience of technical document production throughout the project life cycle.
- Knowledge of the industrial control's marketplace, platforms, and providers.
- Sound understanding of mechanical engineering principles and their application to varied projects and domains.
- Familiarity with working to design codes and industry standards appropriate for a safety critical industry.
- Experience in the production of design documentation, including optioneering reports, specifications and requirements capture documents.
- A commensurate level of senior experience in any of these areas: working in complex systems from digital, communications, sensors, platforms to software and advanced technology integration.
- Knowledge of modelling languages and architecture frameworks, eg UML, SysML, Archimate, TOGAF, MODAF.
- Experience in design, substantiation, verification & validation, safety justification of high integrity software-based protection and/or safety control systems.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems.
- An understanding of electrical standards and design such as LV motor control and control circuits, and the ability to understand electrical drawings.
- Experience in critical systems modelling software solutions packages.
- Experience in requirements and design analysis, modelling and simulation, using Object Orientated requirements packages such as IBM DOORS and their associated design methodologies.
- Experience of testing/commissioning equipment into service.