*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent, Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise company is currently seeking a Senior DevOps Developer. Candidate will be responsible for data, analytics and reporting solutions that serve business applications and end users. These solutions are typically COTS tools including most recognizable names in the analytics and data spaces. You would assist with and be responsible for automation of the deployment and configuration of these tools in VMC and Cloud Native platforms. Such automation would include, but not be limited to, using Kubernetes for orchestration, Elasticsearch/Kibana for logging, building self-service tools and devising monitoring solutions to ensure the availability of the platforms.
- Proficient in programming languages, expertise in at least one language
- Extensive experience in Scripting, working with frameworks, markup languages
- Management and operation of public cloud
- Design and implement public cloud architectures and environments
- Design Native Cloud Application Architectures or optimize applications for public cloud
- Migration of applications, tools and services to public cloud plan and implement solutions for backup and recovery, high availability, key management, and other strategic initiatives
- Design and build secure and scalable software infrastructure
- Experience working with Kubernetes, EKS, Docker containers
- Advanced understanding of networking, security and database topics
Infrastructure Engineering: Application Support
- Apply broad technical knowledge, judgment and analytical skills to analyze, develop and implement solutions for process improvements, troubleshooting, production support, production operations and configuration management.
- Capture, update and simplify production support resolution activities, production operations tools & capabilities, and configuration management sustainability & applicability.
- Build practices, automated capabilities and communication across department for enhanced application and operational controls compliance including awareness, daily practice integration, evidence collection, successful completion, complexity reduction and resource utilization.
- Enable configuration management across asset management capabilities for computing/Servers, application components, software, network devices and other technical aspects to contribute toward impact assessment capabilities, improved decision making across IT services and sustainable IT life cycle.
- Provides resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems.
- Solutions are innovative, thorough, and practicable. Works under limited direction Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is evaluated upon completion for adequacy in satisfying objectives.
- Represents the organization as the principal customer contact on contracts and often performs project leadership role.
- Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Experience implementing and managing application and platform monitoring tools (SiteScope, Nimsoft, Opnet)
- Experience with any of the following tools is a plus: MicroStrategy, SAS, Tableau, SSRS, RStudio/Shiny, Denodo, DataRobot, PowerBI
- AWS, CI/CD, Jenkins, DevOps Process (GI, Jenkins, Teraform, Cloud Formation, AWS resources)
- Basic Qualifications:
- 5+ years of DevOps experience in an AWS environment
- Experience in Java programming
- CloudFormation or Terraform
- Ansible, SaltStack, or similar