We are working exclusively with BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Research Labs in the search of an experienced Engioneer.
The High Power group undertakes research and development in areas that require sub-systems that work at many kilo-volts and high energy densities.
Our research includes the following areas:
- Novel concepts for high power applications
- High power RF generation
- High voltage power supplies
- Power electronics
- Energy storage
- Energy management
The Engineer role will involve leading the delivery of innovative research projects to quality, time and budget while leading teams of scientific and engineering staff as part of those projects. Candidates will be expected to provide both technical and practical input into programmes and support bidding activities and be willing to take an active role in finding and securing future work.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Work with a team of multi-disciplined scientists and/or engineers to execute projects for customers.
- Have the skills to lead a team of scientists and/or engineers to execute projects for customers
- Develop new business opportunities and timely generation of high quality, well planned and innovative bids with an acceptable level of risk
- Provide inputs and own elements of the technical strategy in line with the wider AI Labs strategy
- Identification and delivery of PV funded work that builds capability for exploitation in line with the AI Labs strategy
- Develop & maintain key business relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and external institutions to support new business and awareness of the state-of-the-art
- Promote the technical excellence of AI Labs through generation of patents and external publicity in scientific journals and/or the press.
- Assist with the development of new business opportunities and participate in the timely generation of high quality, well planned and innovative bids with an acceptable level of risk
- A degree in a relevant discipline (eg Physics; Electronic/Electrical Engineering; or a related discipline) or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in high voltage and/or high power systems is ideal but not essential.
- Familiarity with test equipment used in the high power discipline would be an advantage.
- Experience in hardware integration, development and prototyping.
- Solid grounding in engineering with experience in an engineering or technology based environment, working on complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Ability to assess and understand the impact of emerging technologies and how these can be applied
- Able to understand, influence and talk with credibility (in terms of engineering principles) about areas of technology outside of own area of specific expertise
- Good communication skills, able to present effectively to customers and at conferences if appropriate
- Ability to work with customers or other stakeholders to capture requirements and highlight the risks and opportunities in a plan
- Must be able to obtain a full DV clearance
Please apply with an up to date CV!