Desktop Support, Up to £48,000 + Guaranteed Bonus + Flexible Benefits, Amazing Technology Company in Glasgow, Monday to Fridays Only 9am till 5.30pm.Desktop Support Overview:
As Desktop Support you will work within a team focusing on end user experience of IT across all of our clients business units (Total 7000 Users). Having a genuine passion for providing a positive customer experience is key to this role, this role isn't just about fixing a technical problem its also about providing a great service to the users so Customer Service and experience is key (Think what the Genius Bar Team within Apple do, they fix a problem however understand what great customer service is!)
You will have the responsibility of ensuring that all of our clients users have the best possible IT user experience regardless of the operating system they work on or their technical ability. Supporting Windows, Mac and Linux, as well as mobile devices, striving to continually excel in everything you deliver
The desktop engineering team is responsible for all support requests that cannot be fulfilled by our service desk or remote support teams, from new user device orientation to support of complex desktop issues. What will the Desktop Support be accountable for ?
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Proactive and reactive support of our clients users across the key geographic locations
- You will represent the human face of technology to all office users in our key offices.
- Working as a team providing a global support function across all offices and time zones.
- Supporting 7,000 users on Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems,
- Accountable for the support of technology however and wherever it is used by the people you support
- Experience of working in a sizable company with a large user base
- Proven ability of thinking on your feet and dedication to ensure success
- A passion to personalise and own the outcomes and your own success
- Experience of consistent and concise communication across all levels of business and technology.
- Ability to support all forms of technology from laptops to audio video and everything in between.
- Hands on technical experience of either Windows, Mac or Linux operating systems in an enterprise environment.
- Basic hardware fault diagnosis, resolution and setup beneficial
- Experience of supporting Office 365 across various operating systems
- Ability to work to tight SLA's and KPI's while still ensuring you focus on delighting your customers. Building rapport with our users is essential.
- At least 4 years experience of front line hands online support in a technology organisation or similar enterprise.