Excellent opportunity for an Environmental Engineer to provide Environmental Compliance for design and construction support in Brooklyn, NY office.
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college.
At least four (4) years of Full time satisfactory experience in environmental engineering work in the NY/NJ areas. Must have Environmental design and construction knowledge/experience.
A valid Driver's License.
Microsoft Word, Excel and knowledge of PC applications.
Description of Work:
Candidate will provide the following:
- Review engineering drawings and scopes for issues of Environmental concern- lead, asbestos, contaminated soil, storm water permitting, tanks, and waste disposal etc.
- Prepare Environmental scope/guidelines for inclusion in contract specs for. above indicated tasks.
- On-going guidance on Environmental issues as they arise during construction.
- Arrange for field surveys for lead and asbestos.
- Arrange and coordinate lead and asbestos abatement activities. Obtain lead and asbestos placards.
- Arrange for contaminated soil sampling and pick-up.
- Technical assistance in all Environmental permitting. Scheduling meetings with System safety, NYDEC and DEP to resolve any issues.
- Assist in Soil Erosion Control Plans and Storm water Pollution Prevention Plans prior to
- commencement of construction.
- Review waste management plan and dust & noise control plan.
- Assist with all NYPA related activities including emergency generator upgrades for PLM.
- Technical guidance in regulatory compliance for paint booth, emergency generator and boiler upgrade projects. Upgrade DEC air permits.
- Knowledge of all applicable environmental regulations.