Play a key role in the CNUD EFCO’s design activities related to mechanical conception and design of the products CNUD-EFCO develops and manufactures.
You will be involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to manufacturing and in-house controls and testing.
Depending on your experience and personnel interests, you will be dedicated to one of the product groups (annealing lehr, mechanical drive, roof, bath accessories).
This is a position for a mechanical design engineer who wants to extend his tasks with the coordination of the mechanical design activities within projects in custom glass manufacturing machinery.
Design and engineering:
- You report directly to the head of department
- You carry out the tasks that have been assigned to you by the head of department.
- You participate in the design and development of the mechanical concept and perform detailed mechanical design of both the product and/or its components.
- You ensure (under direct supervision of the head of department) that the design is performed according to the required specifications:
- Customer specifications
- CNUD-EFCO’s internal design principles
- General norms and standards
- Participate in the follow-up of the production of the parts for the project you are assigned to.
- Continuous improvement and customer focus:
- You capture lessons learned both from yourself as from the team you are working with
- You assist in customer acceptance tests
- You are familiar in production technologies and are willing to deepen this knowledge
- You focus on reliability, quality, sustainability and take in consideration: customer requirements, economy (costs) and safety
- Mechanical or electro-mechanical engineer with broad technical interests
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Romanian is required. Knowledge of French/German is considered as a plus.
- You have > 3 years of hands-on mechanical design experience
- You have ideally experience in SolidWorks/Creo or another 3D package
- You have at least experience with AutoCad.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word & Excel required)
CNUD-EFCO is the preferred engineering and solution provider for the float glass manufacturers with special focus on the tin bath and annealing sections of the process.
For more than 55 years, our aim has been to develop high level solutions for thermal treatment of glass including research, design, construction and maintenance.
These solutions will continue to contribute to maximize the thermal part of the manufacturing process and to secure the successful introduction of new products by existing and new customers.
CNUD EFCO designs and delivers independently working machines.
The design office has both mechanical and electrical design engineers.
CNUD-EFCO Operations is part of GRENZEBACH GROUP.