Lead Open Source/Governance Analyst
Our client, a global blue chip organisation are currently looking for a Open Source/Governance Analyst. This position will act as the go-to person and subject matter expert for open source technologies for our client. You will be reporting in to the head of enterprise architecture and work alongside other talented people focusing on technology governance.The successful candidate will combine technical knowledge with business acumen to work with internal and external stakeholders to provide visibility and accountability to the use of open-source. This position requires a strong understanding of open source technologies, leadership, and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Lead open source governance as a member of the enterprise architecture team.
- Lead the open source policy and open source licensing risk.
- Monitoring the client's compliance with open source policy.
- Ensure there is a streamlined, well-governed and self-service process and tooling to scan open source vulnerabilities.
- Partner with internal legal counsel to manage open source license risk.
- Contribute technical expertise for the use of open source technologies.
- Understand our current processes and identify where optimization and modernization are required.
- Work with Global Sourcing as needed to interpret open-source clauses in supplier contracts and advise if there is any concern with the language presented given the intended use-case.
- Work with technology due diligence teams for potential acquisitions to ensure that an independent third-party scan is performed of Target Company's code prior to acquisition.
- Bachelor's Degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of experience in relevant work experience.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:-
- Experience contributing to open source and regularly follows developments in the open-source space (eg industry news and developments, new open-source licenses, court cases related violations of open source licenses)
- Familiarity with open source governance policies and the reasons for them.
- Familiarity with software development processes and tools (eg GitHub, TFS, Jenkins, JIRA, etc.) and understanding of engineering best practices, agile and waterfall methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by expressive oral and written communication styles.
- Experience working with various business stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of technology and software development processes.
- A desire for continuous learning.
- Excellent communication (verbal and writing), influencing and negotiation skills.
- Detail-oriented with good organisation skills, communication skills, general business and project management skills.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:-
- Knowledge of Black Duck.
- Deep understanding of open source license requirements and the impact of those requirements when integrated with closed- source code.
Please e-mail your details into Hayley for an immediate interview.