Prestigious Financials Firm is currently seeking a Software Build and Release Engineer. Candidate will be supporting our software engineering and testing teams. Candidate will focus on managing the software build process, providing oversight for build/test environments, developing and supporting testing tools and status dashboards, influencing and shaping our continuous integration process, and ensuring the weekly release process is successful.
Build and Release Engineer will provide oversight of the build process through automated scripts and source code management tools. Responsibilities will extend to the configuration and maintenance of test tools and environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field.
- Experience with Unix/Linux hardware/software engineering environments and applicable Unix/Shell Scripting.
- Experience with version control tools such as Git (preferred), Subversion, or other version control tools.
- Python development or Scripting experience or a working knowledge of another dynamic Scripting language and a willingness to learn Python.
- Understanding of database platforms such as: PostgreSQL (preferred), MySQL, or Oracle.A working knowledge of SQL is necessary.
- Knowledge of and experience with build tools such as Ant, Maven, or CMake.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment and with tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set is a plus.
- Ability to create and maintain scripts to support testing and build activities.
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration.