Development Technical Lead is a hybrid role that allows technical resources to remain hands on and enables them to grow their managerial skill. In addition to the responsibilities of a Software Engineer, the Team Lead is responsible for leading a group of technical resources to ensure they produce high quality, well managed and documented software designs, software products and software tests. The Team lead will take part in the professional development of each of the team members so that they grow their professional skills, improve their technical capabilities and build team cohesiveness.
- Personnel mentoring
- Team building
- Software quality
- System documentation
- Adherence to standards
- Perform code and test automation reviews, ensure standards are followed, identify deficiencies, refactoring or upgrade needs.
- Manage assigned code repositories, ensure versioning standards are followed, check ins are commented, tags and branches are properly named, merge conflicts are resolved.
- Lead design sessions, propose design alternatives, mentor design best practices, follow up on design decisions to ensure implementation.
- Review system documentation, ensure design documents and operational documents are produced.
- Conduct weekly one on one meetings with employees, bi-weekly one on one meetings with contractors.
- Mentor resources to improve skill levels.
- Review and coach resources on performance feedback.
- Work with employees to ensure annual goals are achieved.
- Review timesheet and Jira time tracking adherence.
- Develop and teach an in-depth knowledge of company's business and systems.
- Promote a culture of team work, high performance and quality.
- Project experience leading Agile teams.
- Hands on development background (Java or Angular).
- Management experience.
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Ability to mentor peers. Technical guidance and mentorship.
- Expertise in software design, coding and/or quality assurance tools and testing processes.
- Ability to make hands on technical contribution to a delivery team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, distributed environment.
- Ability to motivate people and build teams.