Mechancinal | Design | Engineering | AutomotiveMechanical Design Engineer | Guildford | £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Opus Engineering are recruiting for a Automotive Mechanical Design Engineer who is capable of delivering solutions of the highest standard within fast-paced and technically-challenging projects. The role is based at our client's site in Guildford and will support both local and international projects.Outline of the role:
Your primary focus will be on the mechanical design of components. In order to deliver complex solutions efficiently you will collaborate closely with colleagues across the engineering team and the wider business. You will report to the company's Mechanical Design Team Leader and will be empowered to take accountability for technical delivery, cost, timing and other key programme metrics within your area.Primary responsibilities:
- Capture and interpret requirements, generating clear specifications, proposals and project plans.
- Conduct feasibility studies and develop high-level mechanical designs.
- Produce detailed mechanical design for company machines (including rotors, stators, casings, shafts/bearings, bus bars, sealing systems etc.)
- Specify and integrate third-party mechanical components (bearings, fasteners, seals etc.)
- Define manufacturing routes and processes for custom components.
- Demonstrate that your designs are robust, fit for purpose, cost effective and can be manufactured within the capabilities of the selected production route.
- Development of design concepts and participation in design reviews.
- Creation of detailed mechanical designs for components and assemblies.
- Drafting of engineering drawings to BS 8888.
- 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks or CATIA.
- Mechanical fault-finding including acquiring, analysing and understanding test data.
- Experience of designing components to suit a range of manufacturing routes including casting, stamping, injection moulding, sintering, machining, turning etc.
- A degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject.
If you have any further questions please contact Ryan Widdicombe.