As a Principal Design Engineer you will be required to propose and agree Landing Gear Design conceptual studies, co-ordinate the technical quality of the work package activities, to act as the Design Technical focal and mentor for the team, represent the client as the Design technical focal for the team, check and approve design deliverables, ensure the creation, progression and usage of new Design methods within the team.
- * Catia v5 experience
- * Landing Gear structural design experience
- * GD&T
- * Building & Maintaining
- * Business Awareness
- * Applying & Anticipating
- * Maximising Performance
- * Analysis
- A strong general Mechanical Engineering knowledge gained over several years, able to work autonomously with little supervision in this role.
- Ideally will have knowledge of Aerospace materials and manufacturing processes and hold an appreciation of how this knowledge is applicable to the Design process in terms of fatigue and stress limitations.
- Will have strong commercial Catia v5 experience, ideally on Airbus programs and have specific Landing Gear structural design experience.
- This role requires Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) experience in order to be able to define and communicate acceptable engineering tolerances within the design process.