To provide an appropriate level of innovative skill and knowledge in specific technical areas, which have been defined as major business opportunities or interests, and to assist in the creation products within these areas, which successfully meet customer and company, needs.
To assume the role of project participant and organise the staff and other departments to achieve the successful introduction of new products.
- To have overall responsibility to his/her Manager for the attainment of technical goals agreed in relation to project objectives with the appropriate level of guidance and within agreed deadlines. May be given responsibility for specifying product designs and influencing the choice of raw materials, processes and equipment necessary to develop and manufacture products.
- May be given responsibility as Project Leader for new product introduction or other types of development project.
- Participate in qualitative research, often face-to-face with customers and users, to develop the company's understanding of the customer's view of our product and service offerings.
- Ensuring that the participants are aware of their legal obligations under HCC and Nondisclosure; and that they acknowledged, when appropriate, that no fees are to be paid for their service.
- May handle several projects concurrently depending in the magnitude of each.
- Will meet delivery promise in terms of budget and timescales.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in engineering subject, with relevant experience
- An understanding of commercial considerations and creative R&D ability is essential for the job holder.
- An understanding of the regulatory environment of the medical devices area would be of benefit
- Engineering design, development and analysis skills
- Communication and presentation skills
Johnson & Johnson is an American multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturer founded in 1886.
This job with Johnson & Johnson is a temporary assignment and is being managed by Kelly Services on behalf of Johnson & Johnson. Successful candidates will be placed at the Johnson & Johnson assignment and managed by Kelly Services