In the Consumer Cloud Security group we build automatic mechanisms to detect and prevent prohibited transactions with denied parties. We are looking for a Data Scientist to lead the technical vision and architecture for a new mission critical system that screens customers from the moment they are introduced to Amazon and at every point they interact and transact with Amazon’s various businesses and products. This is a greenfield initiative with plenty of opportunity to innovate and deliver.
You will collaborate with the leadership team to drive key engineering and business decisions that will influence the Amazon transaction compliance. You will use Amazon’s large-scale computing resources to extract knowledge and insights from data and you will work with domain experts and engineers to build automated systems and solve problems that matter to our customers.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Data scientist who have experience building mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day by all Amazon businesses.
· Masters in computer science or in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, data science etc.)
· 3+ years of industry experience
· Fluency in a high-level modeling language such as R, Python, Matlab or other statistical software
· Strong communication, influencing and partnership skills
· Ability to navigate conflicting priorities and ambiguous problem space(s)
· Previous experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, and analytics techniques.
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
Earth's most customer-centric company
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com as an online bookstore in 1995, the company has significantly expanded its product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers.
Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to diamond jewelry and the Amazon Kindle on over a dozen web sites, offering these services to customers in the US, Europe, and Asia.