Are you interested in engineering the platforms that support the world’s premier cloud computing environment? Continue reading or reach out to us with your application; we're happy to tell you more about it.
At the Amazon Dev Center Bucharest we're looking for passionate builders to join our engineering teams working the operating system, virtualization, and platform technologies that power AWS.
You will be part of a solid, driven team that has the feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to drive innovation, work on complex technical challenges, own operations, and engineer systems on a massive scale. You will be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart and who believe that world-class service is critical to customer success.
Your work will focus on exploring and building new virtualization capabilities for EC2, with an emphasis on device models, APIs, IO emulation, and defence in depth features. This team creates the very core of the cloud, and is directly responsible for radically changing and improving the way that people use computers - come help us make history!
· BA/BS in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· 8+ years of industry experience focused on Linux and C or C++.
· Expert in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software development and management tools.
· 10+ years of industry experience focused on Linux and C or C++.
· Comfortable in defining and driving the organization's technical roadmap.
· Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
· A solid understanding of Linux virtualization, networking and OS internals, and kernel.
· Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
· Experience in working with the open source community.
Earth's most customer-centric company
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com as an online bookstore in 1995, the company has significantly expanded its product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers.
Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to diamond jewelry and the Amazon Kindle on over a dozen web sites, offering these services to customers in the US, Europe, and Asia.