We are looking for outstanding candidates to join our team at our Amazon Development Center in Bucharest as a Junior Software Development Engineer.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers and designers who love what they do. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager and team, not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you would expect from one of the world’s leading online businesses.
At the Amazon Development Center, Bucharest, part of Amazon Web Services (AWS), we work on compute platforms, with special focus on software virtualization technologies, security, and global-scale tooling for the Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2). As a part of the EC2 Kernel and Operating System organization, we own, drive, and invent the building blocks that are the foundation of the cloud.
We are looking for passionate, customer-focused, self-driven engineers to join our software development teams working on the Linux kernel, operating systems, virtualization, hypervisors, and the platform technologies that power AWS.
The Compute-Capsule team focuses on exploring and building new light-weight virtualization capabilities for EC2, with an emphasis on micro-kernels, device models, APIs, IO emulation, and defense in depth features. This team creates the very core of the cloud, and is directly responsible for radically changing and improving the way that people use computers - come help us make history!
· Understand our customers' needs and build new components to meet them
· Own and automate operations
· Contribute new ideas and methods to continuously improve quality and development efficiency
· Innovate in the area of light-weight virtualizaton
· BS/BA in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· Interest in the area of low-level software engineering.
· Skilled in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software development and management tools.
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in the area of low-level software engineering, for example with C, C++, or Rust.
· Expert in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software development and management tools.
· Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
· A solid understanding of Linux networking and OS internals.
· Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
· Experience in working with the open source community.
Please note that we expect to experience a high volume of applications and we will fill positions as they become available, so we encourage you to apply early.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Earth's most customer-centric company
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com as an online bookstore in 1995, the company has significantly expanded its product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers.
Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to diamond jewelry and the Amazon Kindle on over a dozen web sites, offering these services to customers in the US, Europe, and Asia.