The Product Compliance teams ensure that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements. The team coordinates the aspects of product transactions that are regulated (distribution, shipping, sale, and import/export). This involves analyzing product import documentation and flagging hazardous risks. The team is also responsible for keeping Amazon customers safe and informed by coordinating actions around product safety recalls. These actions include removing recalled/restricted products from Amazon´s sites and warehouses, and contacting customers with pertinent safety information.
Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) is a policy instrument under which manufacturers, producers and, in some instances, distributors take responsibility for their products and packaging by paying eco-fees to support post-consumer product and packaging recycling, including product take-back. Products typically affected by EPR regulations include consumer electronics, household appliances, tires, bottles/containers, batteries, lighting, paints, engine oils, furniture, and packaging materials. EPR programs are managed by the sustainability team for EU and CA.
· Support the improvement of Extended Producer Responsibility processes and requirements to achieve quality targets
· Drive continuous improvement and document any issues/RCAs/action planning in functional area and own specific actions or change recommendations
· Manage cross-functional projects
· Own metrics, deep dive on KPIs, troubleshooting on reports and multiple data sources
· Work cross-functionally to manage compliance training and awareness raising programs in Compliance Operations, Retail and Sales teams.
· Interact with multiple stakeholders including Government Agencies and Amazon Suppliers to communicate on process & operations and represent data/metrics information and project reviews
· Identify training gaps that require learning support
· Proficiency in verbal & written communication in English
· 2-5 years of experience with data analysis to identify patterns in large data sets.
· 2-5 years of experience in interacting with stakeholders (Regulatory Bodies, Suppliers)
· Advanced working knowledge of MS Office, MS Outlook; MS Excel;
· Ability to prioritize and deal with dynamic business environment.
· Work under pressure and tight deadlines.
· Strong analytical thinking and problem solving, ability to convert strategy to operation, continuous improvement capability, sensitivity to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
· Collaboration, ability to influence others without having positional authority, negotiation, determination and resiliency
· Experience in product safety and/or regulatory compliance management with government agencies
· Advanced Excel Skills (complex formulas, VBA) and SQL.
· Experience in Finance/Procurement (budgeting, PO management, cost tracking).
· Experience with electrical equipment
Earth's most customer-centric company
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com as an online bookstore in 1995, the company has significantly expanded its product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers.
Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to diamond jewelry and the Amazon Kindle on over a dozen web sites, offering these services to customers in the US, Europe, and Asia.