Our Retail Business Services (RBS) team is an integral part of Amazon online product life-cycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure that Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team’s primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
The Operations team that you will lead supports multiple categories, populates/ procures content for the Amazon Catalog, works with premium vendors to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products, and interacts directly with Amazon internal customers across the globe (Italy, Spain, France, Germany, UK, India) to deliver to their requirements.Responsibilities:
- Taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of subordinates or others;
- Outlining procedures and instructions on work received;
- Making time estimations on new jobs received, check accuracy / quality of content creation / population done by others;
- Ensuring records are maintained accurately;
- Mentoring and training new team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline; business or technical background is considered an advantage;
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience in managing people and interacting with customers / stakeholders;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (any second European language is an advantage);
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, and influence work behaviors;
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical capability.
- Background in Business Process Outsourcing
- Supply Chain management, Centralized Purchasing or Consumer Retail experience is being considered a plus
Earth's most customer-centric company
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com as an online bookstore in 1995, the company has significantly expanded its product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers.
Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to diamond jewelry and the Amazon Kindle on over a dozen web sites, offering these services to customers in the US, Europe, and Asia.